Pages

Friday, September 5, 2014

A little of this and a little of that and a (2) new starts

I've been busy, busy, busy.
And I've barely left the house!
I've been stitching Mini Soul Mates. I really need to give this project more time. I was bad and decided to start stitching down the middle page in hopes I'd eventually get to something more interesting. Time will tell. 3 over 1 on 14 ct. aida.
Inspired by Marti, who will be stitching a chart only during the holidays, adding to it each year, I decided to start something for those late nights at work when I sometimes have 10 or 15 minutes between calls.
So, yes, a new start. My goal is to try to get 100 stitches a night in on this on the nights when I have slow times. I've been pleasantly surprised with the progress. I introduce you to Mini The Black, an RAK for my birthday from Teresa back in 2012. I had meant to start him long before now.  2 over 1 on 18 ct. aida.
I will try to remember to update you regularly, though at the moment I haven't technically kitted this up, I'm only working the black bits, of which there are a lot!
Both of these are HAED charts btw.

The other piece I started is a gift for someone so I won't be posting about it for some time to come.
In sewing news I finally got the energy up to try one of those tank top dresses. I had an almost new tank that I'd stained near the bottom and was about to toss out so I pulled out some old fabric from the stash and the elastic thread I bought to play with. It worked up in a flash and made a great maxi. I'd run take a pic for you but I'm wearing it right now. Next time I will make fewer gathers, or maybe do pleats, and it definitely needs a belt of some sort. Not the most flattering garment if you are wide around the waist, but I just threw it together to see if I could. It is uber comfy. I could live in these for the rest of my life, it feels so good. Here is a link to the blog with the tutorial I (mostly) followed. http://asmallsnippet.com/2011/09/wanna-make-dress.html

That is about everything for this time.
Happy Stitching this weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try that dress tutorial this weekend. Can't wait, I've a stained T I want to try it with. Great progress on Soulmates. love it.

Cara

Pull the other thread said...

Great progress on both HAED pieces. Looking forward to seeing Mini The Black come to life. Thanks for the great dress link.

Julie said...

Lovely progress.