Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Happy, Merry, Jolly Time of Year! A quick update.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Holidays. Christmas and New Year are such fun, exciting, stressful times. I'm hoping you have all had a moment to simply enjoy them.

Stitching, as always, whenever I can.
I took part in the HAED BB sal again this week with Mini Crossing Spirits:

As you can see I changed my mind about working a page at a time and started working across the first row of ten blocks. This was a quick picture I took as I was changing the qsnap, scooting the piece over. I'm probably not going to be working on this for a week or two.
Also, that fake animal print in the background is part of a blanket I made my husband for Christmas. After seeing the one I'd been gifted by my secret santa, he wanted one of his own.
Here is a pic of me all wrapped up in it. And look, I took a pic with my eyes open! Sort of.

Does anyone remember this kit?
 I was having such fun with it back on Halloween of 2013.
While I was posting an update picture here on the blog Dean, who was still a puppy, was busily tearing up the floss card to it. The floss was okay, the card a bunch of little pieces. I'd like to say that he has grown out of this sort of thing, but his paper addiction is still strong.
I shoved it all into a sack to sort out later. Well, it is later. I had a non-stitchy day or two and pulled this out, cleaned up the floss, organized the colors again and made a new card. The light purple is missing but everything else is intact, so I plan to give it some time today and just work on it until the 2015 HAED BB sal starts on Jan. 1. I can't wait to get started on that. Who doesn't love a sal?

What is everyone else working on? Are you preparing for the New Year? New Starts? New Finishes?

Until next time,
Happy stitching everyone.
Karen

2 comments:

Julie said...

Wishing you a very happy 2015, so lovely to see your live simply project, such pretty colours.

sharine said...

That blanket looks super cosy. Happy New Year:)