Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

First Finish of 2014!

I thought I'd show you the finished piece of blackwork. It was stitched on 14 ct. aida with one strand. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, given it was my first piece. I plan to make it into a pin cushion as per the magazine, but it is a bit large for that in my opinion. I generally like the smaller ones.
It hasn't been washed yet, and please ignore the doghair! I just took a quick snap since I have some things to do before work, but wanted to share with you.

Happy Stitching
Karen


5 comments:

Heather, aka: Big Auntie said...

That turned out beautifully! Great work. I totally get it about the dog hair; I was trying to stitch last night and had to give it up when the third dog hopped into my chair. Sigh...oh well. An evening of unconditional love was nice!

sharine said...

It looks beautiful:)

Emma/Itzy said...

Congrats on the lovely finish!

Mama Dog said...

Dog hair, I've about gotten used to it! It is worth it to spend time with them. I am already thinking of doing another, larger blackwork piece. Thanks Sharine and Emily.

Julie said...

Blackwork always looks so elegant, beautiful.