Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

A Quick Update

Hopefully with another to come either later today or this week.

As many of you know my husband was in a car wreck in my car on Friday March 22. I am so grateful that he is alive and recovering. I thought I'd show you a pic of the car at the tow truck yard that I took last Monday when I went to release it to the insurance company. The sun was wrong and I couldn't see how the pics were coming out. This one shows some of the front damage and you can just get a peek of the air bags that deployed through the windshield.


The Jesus decal was put on just 3 days before the accident and though you can't tell from this pic, in another it is remarkably untouched. DH jokes he will put another on as soon as we have a car. We are waiting to find out today if it will be repaired or totaled. I pray they can repair it as it is paid for and I doubt I'd get anything in as good repair as this one. My poor sub-compact.

I'm not going to post the other pics, but thought I should say something and not just ignore the incident.
I normally try to only post projects and hopefully positive things and I count this one as a positive thing in that my husband wasn't killed or crippled etc.

Believe it or not, there have been other things going on. Dealing with still being unemployed, sewing the Taffy Blouse and having my faithful sewing machine (A gift from my mother 26-28 years ago.) begin to die right in the middle of it. My Memory Craft 6000 has always been there and I posted on Facebook that I was grieving for it, which is true. There has even been a little stitching!
I plan to get some pics on here and show you all of that very soon. I want to return to my regular stitching and sewing posts and not have any other drama to report!
Meanwhile, thank you to everyone who has been kind and offered prayers and words of support this week.

I hope you are all having Happy Stitching and enjoyed your Easter.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Easter Blessings to you both x

Emma/Itzy said...

oh my! I am so sorry, but I am glad to hear he is ok and recovering. Hopefully things will get sorted with the car soon and you can have a little calm for both of you!

Unknown said...

Thinking of you and sending prayers and strength as this may be a difficult time. THe car is a mess, sends shivers...

Mama Dog said...

Thanks everyone. I has been a trying week with more to come, but hopefully it will be over soon.
Melinda, I felt the same when I first saw it.

The Crafty Princess said...

Karen I think this is a positive post as just looking at the damage to your poor lil car your Hubby is lucky to have escaped any serious injury. That's a blessing!
Take care stunner and I pray life brings back smiles and rainbows to you and your family.
xoxo Alicia