Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

An Untangled Web

So, one of the less flattering pics I've ever posted is about to be revealed. This is my experiment on 25 count and with half cross stitch. It was coming along on it's SAL Friday and I was feeling OK about it until I realized everything was one stitch off. Then I had to frog. Yuck to frogging, and the smaller the count the bigger the yuck to unpicking it.
So SK Spider Queen after stitching and then unpicking.

Never let it be said I am unwilling to show my boo-boos! Rarely has a stitching blog posted an uglier pic of stitching than this one.

On a brighter note, I also was working on my Blue and White Sampler during the week. This chart is from the Fall 1987 issue of Needlecraft Ideas, A Better Homes and Gardens magazine. I'm pretty happy with the way it is coming along and how easy it is to pick up and put down when you are busy.



Hopefully next week will show more progress on this and on SK the Spider Queen. With any luck she will look a bit more presentable.

Until next time Happy (frogless) Stitching!
Karen


4 comments:

Emma/Itzy said...

Its all about trial and error! You never know if you don't try :) I'm sure it will look great in the end.

Mama Dog said...

Thanks honey. I'm actually enjoying the process.

Pull the other thread said...

You poor thing! I hate having to unpick over one, it takes soooo long.

Julie said...

Frigging on 25 count is horrid, enjoy the rest itch.